Welcome to Affiliated Oral Surgeons
Your Lima Oral Surgeon
To learn more about the oral and facial surgical procedures we provide, please select a procedure of interest from the menu below:
- Wisdom teeth are the last teeth to erupt within the mouth. When they align properly and gum tissue is healthy, wisdom teeth do not have to be removed. Unfortunately, this does not generally happen. Learn more about Wisdom Teeth removal.
- Once you learn about dental implants, you finally realize there is a way to improve you life. When you lose several teeth whether its a new situation or something you have lived with for years chances are you have never become fully accustomed to losing such a vital part of yourself. Learn more about Dental Implants.
- Bone grafting can repair implant sites with inadequate bone structure due to previous extractions, gum disease or injuries. The bone is either obtained from a tissue bank or your own bone is taken from the jaw, hip or tibia (below the knee). Learn more about Bone Grafting.
- People who can benefit from orthognathic surgery include those with an improper bite or jaws that are positioned incorrectly. Jaw growth is a gradual process and in some instances, the upper and lower jaws may grow at different rates. Learn more about Orthognathic Jaw Surgery.
- The inside of the mouth is normally lined with a special type of skin (mucosa) that is smooth and coral pink in color. Any alteration in this appearance could be a warning sign for a pathological process. The most serious of these is oral cancer. Learn more about Oral Pathology.
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders are a family of problems related to your complex jaw joint. If you have had symptoms like pain or a “clicking” sound, you’ll be glad to know that these problems are more easily diagnosed and treated than they were in the past. Learn more about TMJ Disorders.
- People with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) have disrupted sleep and low blood oxygen levels. When obstructive sleep apnea occurs, the tongue is sucked against the back of the throat. This blocks the upper airway and air flow stops. Learn more about Sleep Apnea disorder.
- Distraction osteogenesis (DO) is a relatively new method of treatment for selected deformities and defects of the oral and facial skeleton. It was first used in 1903. Then, in the 1950s the Russian orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Gabriel Ilizarov slowly perfected the surgical and postoperative management of distraction osteogenesis treatment to correct deformities and repair defects of the arms and legs. Learn more about Distraction Osteogenesis.
- During early pregnancy, separate areas of the face develop individually and then join together, including the left and right sides of the roof of the mouth and lips. However, if some parts do not join properly, sections don’t meet and the result is a cleft. If the separation occurs in the upper lip, the child is said to have a cleft lip. Learn more about Cleft Lip & Palate treatment.
- An impacted tooth simply means that it is stuck and can not erupt into function. Patients frequently develop problems with impacted third molar (wisdom) teeth. Learn more about Impacted Teeth.
- Some patients require minor oral surgical procedures before receiving a partial or complete denture, in order to ensure the maximum level of comfort. Learn more about Pre-Prosthetic Surgery.
Call us to make an appointment with Dr. Luna, a diplomate and expert in the field of oral surgery. We're looking forward to treating you and your family, so call us now for your consultation!Lima: 419-331-0000 St. Mary's: 419-300-9700 Schedule an Appointment Map & Driving Directions